Knysna is a lover’s paradise. The town’s natural beauty makes it the perfect place for couples to stroll hand-in-hand along white sandy beaches, hike through verdant indigenous forests, and enjoy candlelit dinners in cosy restaurants. The beaches, the forests and the beautiful lagoon also create perfect backdrops for romantic picnics at any time of year.
The Milkwood Collection offers unique properties near the famous Knysna Heads, enjoying direct access to a gorgeous beach. Couples can enjoy peaceful views of glorious sunsets over the spectacular lagoon.
The perfect place to pop the question…
A gorgeous place to tie the knot…
An idyllic place for your honeymoon…
Number Eleven Self-catering Villa
Perfect for intimate functions, this five-star villa is tucked away in a beautifully landscaped garden, with timber walkways leading to the beach and lagoon. Features include an award-winning, infinity-edged swimming pool, outdoor dining area and covered bar.
Under Milkwood Timber Chalets
Sixteen cosy self-catering chalets lie nestled amongst leafy vegetation and indigenous Milkwood trees. Enjoy private, candle-lit dinners and romantic strolls to the Heads. Weather permitting, couples can relax, wrapped in blankets, by a cosy fire on their private deck. The tranquil setting and breathtaking views will make your honeymoon one to remember forever.
Romantic things to do:
- Experience the Knysna Lagoon in a romantic and adventurous way by doing a cruise on the Heads Explorer. Sunset cruises are accompanied by a delicious sundowner / anti-pasta platter and a choice of wine.
- Enjoy a fine dining experience aboard South Africa’s only Paddle Cruiser. Leave at sunset, see the Heads at twilight and return under the stars.
- Enjoy a romantic picnic for two at Jubilee Creek deep in the forest. A day-walk follows old mining trails to an ice cold swimming hole.
- Walk the “Circles in a Forest” hiking trail. The route takes you through indigenous forest, past ancient Yellowwood trees, babbling streams and three-metre tall tree ferns.
- Take a walk along the beach to Gericke’s Point in Sedgefield. Enjoy the beach and being out in unspoilt nature.
- End a beautiful afternoon with a romantic sunset cruise on board the 50ft yacht, Outeniqua. Enjoy a delicious feast of Mediterranean style cuisine along with a glass of fine South African Cap Classique. Contact Springtide Sailing Charters.
- Share special moments at Bramon Wine Estate. Set in the vineyards overlooking the Tsitsikamma Mountains, the restaurant offers extraordinary wines and fresh tapas-styled dishes.
- Enjoy “Breakfast & Bubbly” at Packwood Wine Estate. The Lunch Box is open for this special breakfast from Mondays to Fridays, 08h30 – 10h30. Bookings essential.
- Take a romantic stroll up to Heads. The lookout on the Eastern Head provides spectacular views of the lagoon, Leisure Isle and Knysna.
Knysna Honeymoon Package at Under Milkwood Chalets
Celebrate your marriage or a special anniversary on the shores of the beautiful Knysna Lagoon.
From R3 500 for two for two nights’ accommodation in a chalet. Included in the package price are a bottle of sparkling wine, flower bouquet, couples massage and a sundowner cruise.